News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello All,

I've been offered this SS helmet and was just wondering if its authentic or not. I've no idea, I've posted it here to get opinions, I only have these three pictures. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

It doesn't fill me with warm fuzzy feelings Alec, you will also need some good clear close ups of the decals to be sure, but I am willing to bet they are bad to the bone.

For a very quick answer join the German Helmet Walhalla site, and post the photos you get there, some expert SS helmet collector's will jump in real quick with

info on your helmet.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

I've just had a look over on WAF helmet section. The same pictures are up there, apprentely the same email is doing the rounds, the helmet has also been offered to a collector in Canada. The common wisdom on WAF is that its a fake. From the start I had my doubts about the seller, but as I know next to nothing about helmets, I hoped, posting the pictures - collectors would from say what's wrong with the helmet from the pictures, a bit more than just its a fake. Your eerie feelings were not far off the mark and thanks for the Walhalla site, I'll certainly look it over.

Best Wishes

• 7 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Something to look for is terrible even (unnatural) wear to the rest of the helmet, including what is probably 'wet and dry' sanding to the air vents and liner pin studs, but superb percentage twin decals remaining. As someone who used to have a few SS helmets (literally a few.. 2) this looks a little wrong.

• 3 months later...

I think the helmet is authentic but the decals and exterior paint job are not. From the pics it looks like somebody has had a go at trying to duplicate (and might I had very badly) a pea patterned camo pattern on it or something similar. I have never seen anything like it except maybe some of the ebay helmets, so with that in mind I would also have to say the decals are false also. Never owned an SS helmet but I do have a few wehrmacht helmets