News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian Reiterabzeichen (Silber)

Naxos

The Austrian Horseman's proficiency badge in silver

The image is of Prinz Eugen von Savoyen. After a monument at the Heldenplatz in Vienna by the artist Anton Dominik Fernkorn commemorating the defeat of the Turks.

Note the stamp: "WIEN" on the needle.

Any information on this badge is welcome!

Here is a link to another thread on the same subject: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34343&st=0&p=324383&hl=reiterabzeichen&fromsearch=1&#entry324383

Dear Naxos, the shown badge is called Österreichisches Reit(er)abzeichen. It is awarded by the the FENA = Bundesfachverband für Reiten und Fahren.

FENA

Unfortunately they have no picture of the badge on their homepage but i sent them the pics and the approved that this is the badge they award.

But you can find this badges with correct description Reitabzeichen des Bundesfachverbandes für Reiten und Fahren in Österreich on sammlerecke.at (collectors corner)

Sammlerecke

This kind of profiency badge is awarded in three classes (Bronce, Silver, Gold)

§ 1401 Österreichische Reiterabzeichen

1. Österreichische Reiterabzeichen werden in folgenden Klassen zuerkannt (vgl § 1400):

Österreichisches Jugendreiterabzeichen (ÖJRA).

Österreichisches Reiterabzeichen in Bronze (ÖRAB).

Österreichisches Reiterabzeichen in Silber (ÖRAS).

Österreichisches Reiterabzeichen in Gold (ÖRAG).

The bronce one is given together with the Reiterpass that proofs that you are able to go on horseback

in a proper way. Silver and Gold Classes are linked to sucess (Pointsystem) as competition rider.

History: I had a phonecall with one of the elder association members (Oberst Schuster). He told me that there existed NO austrian Reitabzeichen in the interwar period (1918- 1938). But there existed a kind of forerunner-organisation called "Österreichische Renn- und Campagnereiter-Gesellschaft" .

Campagnereiter

the riders umbrella organisation FENA came very late, together with new sport association laws into beeing. I phoned them three time but the were not able to tell me when the fena was founded. they guess (sic !) arround 1955.

regards

josef

Edited by Josef Rietveld