News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistan Railways Centenary 1861-1961 Medal

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

I feel like I have been ignoring this area of the forum and my collection lately so here is one of the newest additions to the collection.

This is a small - 25.5mm dia. X 40mm high - medal that commenorates 100 years of the Pakistan Western Railways, 1861 - 1961, however,this medal was given out on March 1992. It was probably a private or perhaps a quasi-authorized goverment issue. It is made of a non-ferrous metal and was advertised as silver. There is a good deal of detail on this little medal and the suspension is of the swivel style so it was not a cheaply made handout.

I think this may have been a dual-purpose medal and the second photo will show why I think this.

Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

This side of the medal is for the Pakistan Eastern Railways Centenary 1862 - 1962 and this is probably why the medal was issued in March 1962 rather than 1961. The centre has the Pakistan Eastern Railways coat of arms. This medal could be worn with either side serving as the obverse. I've shown it in this manner so both sides of the suspension can be seen.

So it could be said that this medal has two obverses and no reverse. :D

Regards

Brian