News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kuwaiti Armed Forces Insignias information

Lion101

Does anyone know what these Kuwaiti Insignias are? I know that they were all brought from the Second Gulf War ( 1990- 1991)

http://img24.imagesh...?g=60359882.png

Left set of four patches-

U.L.- 57 th Mechanized

U.R.- Engineer

L.L. - Motor Transport

L.r. - 13 th Anti -tank "Tow' Bn.

Middle set of four patches-

U.L.- 74th transportation Bn.

U.R.- 7th Armored Bn.

L.L.- 18 th Regimental Band

L.R.- School Instructor

Right set of four patches-

U.L.- 10th Home Guard Bn.

U.R.- 47th Aviation Bn.

L.L.- Artillery

L.R.- Combat Engineers Signal. Bayonet should be pointing up.

I hope this helps you out.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

Left set of four patches-

U.L.- 57 th Mechanized

U.R.- Engineer

L.L. - Motor Transport

L.r. - 13 th Anti -tank "Tow' Bn.

Middle set of four patches-

U.L.- 74th transportation Bn.

U.R.- 7th Armored Bn.

L.L.- 18 th Regimental Band

L.R.- School Instructor

Right set of four patches-

U.L.- 10th Home Guard Bn.

U.R.- 47th Aviation Bn.

L.L.- Artillery

L.R.- Combat Engineers Signal. Bayonet should be pointing up.

I hope this helps you out.

Bob

Very nice Collection:

Lorenzo

Thank you but I have one more patch that I forgot to post. It has a blue backround with a yellow bolt on it. Do you happen to know what that one is for?

The patch is for Signal. You have a nice start on Kuwaiti shoulder patches.

Bob

Thank you bob. Your the first person I have ran into that knew anything about Kuwaiti insignia. It took me weeks to find anything on their stuff during that time. I did pick up somemore patches and I got another home guard's patch but the numbers are in white thread and not black like the one I have posted. Do you know why that is? and some of the patches face to the left and other face to the right? do you know why that is as well? Sorry If I am asking too many questions. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

Thank you bob. Your the first person I have ran into that knew anything about Kuwaiti insignia. It took me weeks to find anything on their stuff during that time. I did pick up somemore patches and I got another home guard's patch but the numbers are in white thread and not black like the one I have posted. Do you know why that is? and some of the patches face to the left and other face to the right? do you know why that is as well? Sorry If I am asking too many questions. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

When you have two patches facing opposite directions, they are worn with one on the left and one on the right arm. The image faces the wearers front (eagles facing forward, artillery facing forward,etc).

I don't know why the different colors on the thread as there is not much information on these patches.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you again. Now, I have this one last group of Kuwaiti Airforce insigina. I know they are not pilot or observer wings. Would you happen to know what they are for? and why one group is sliver and the other is gold?

http://img402.images...g=pict0528y.jpg

Could you post a better picture of the writing on the insignia? It's hard to make out what is written on them. Usually gilt color is for officers and silver for enlisted personnel if they are in the military.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked Lion101 permission to add my Kuwaiti arm patch collection to his topic.

The arm patch on the left is for the 2nd Infantry Bn.

The arm patch on the right is for the 5th Infantry Bn.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with a friend about those patches. He told me, he is not sure what the one on the left is for but it is not Kuwaiti. It is Royal Jordanian. In my collcetion, I have a number of insignia from the Royal Jordanian Military. My only question is what were they doing in Kuwait during the 1990 Iraqi Invasion and/or the Second Gulf War ( 1990-1991)?

These are two unknown Kuwaiti arm patches. I believe the right patch has something to do with Infantry but not sure what the left one is for.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

These are two unknown Kuwaiti arm patches. I believe the right patch has something to do with Infantry but not sure what the left one is for.

Bob

I was doing somemore research, that patch on the left is Royal Jordanian Army Divison or Brg. Patch.

Hello, I also found a cloth version of the those Kuwaiti Metal insignia that I posted earlier. Do you think they could be for a Kuwaiti Paratrooper? Despite the fact that Kuwaiti Army did it's jumps with Saudi Arabian Military before and during the Iraqi Invasion and the Second Gulf War (1990-91)?