News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

swedish naval sword m/1915

Tomas

Lovely sword Tomas, and the condition of the blade is exceptional. Strange how closely the design follows the British. I suppose because Britain was the leading sea power. However, Sweden has also adopted the fouled anchor. What date do you put on this one ?

I must say it's a pleasure to see some pieces appearing on this sub-forum.

Lovely sword Tomas, and the condition of the blade is exceptional. Strange how closely the design follows the British. I suppose because Britain was the leading sea power. However, Sweden has also adopted the fouled anchor. What date do you put on this one ?

I must say it's a pleasure to see some pieces appearing on this sub-forum.

Hello Tomas,

I'm replying on Mervyn's post, I hope that alright, as I want to echo what Mervyn has said. My first thought, upon seeing your sword, was how much it resembled the British naval swords as well. This is the first Swedish naval sword I've seen and it is impressive.

Thnaks for posting it.

Regards

Brian