News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

K98 Action Screws

Gene

Gents,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, or put me in touch with a K98 expert. I am looking at a 243 code, 1939 dated K98 rifle and was wondering if the trigger guard action screws were supposed to be stamped with the WaA that is found on other parts of the rifle, in this case an eagle over the number 26. The screws have the last two numbers of the rifle's serial number but have no WaA markings at all. I have heard they are supposed to be stamped with the WaA and I have seen this on other K98's of the same vintage. Also, were the lock screws (they keep the action screws from moving) stamped as well? I need to know for sure. Thanks a lot--

Gene

• 5 months later...

Gene, If you dont know there are Two very good book's devoted to the K98k by the Author Mr Richard D Law (Collector Grade Publication's). The first book entitled "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" is your better bet as the Second publication is devoted to the Sniper variation's of the K98k. The ISBN number (in case you dont have it) is 0-88935-139-2.

Most of the K98k's that sell in this part of Europa are the Russian Re-Furb's which although have the Trigger guard Screw's are Mostly Miss-matched with the part's as I understand they were all Stripped/Dissasembled and placed into Storage in various part's of the Soviet Union until being put back together in No Specific Order,hence Miss-Matching of part's. (Upper & Lower Barrel Band's etc etc).

Sorry I can not be of further help.