News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KIA USMCR Okinawa PH

scottplen

Waiting for this one to arrive !!!! Officially engraved PH In army type case. I believe Army lent USMC and navy boxes ? Have a USMC case i also just got do I swap it out with right type case ?

Cpl. Manke was from Kansas and was a fire team leader of a BAR Squad This is all i have at this time!!

Yet another great Heart Scott.

Okinawa is the campaign I'm personally most interested in as far as the PTO goes.

This is almost certainly for Sugar Loaf Hill. This should be a VERY researchable medal as far, for a number of reasons. There are several books focusing on the battle for the hill alone, and nevermind the number of books on Okinawa in general.

Manke's battalion earned three Medals of Honor during this relatively short period (Corporal Anthony Damato, Corporal James Day (later a noted General) & Major Henry Courtney).

Yet another great Heart Scott.

Okinawa is the campaign I'm personally most interested in as far as the PTO goes.

This is almost certainly for Sugar Loaf Hill. This should be a VERY researchable medal as far, for a number of reasons. There are several books focusing on the battle for the hill alone, and nevermind the number of books on Okinawa in general.

Manke's battalion earned three Medals of Honor during this relatively short period (Corporal Anthony Damato, Corporal James Day (later a noted General) & Major Henry Courtney).

Thanks ! I was hoping it was for sugar Loaf Hill !Okinawa Interestss too!!! I wrote to Nara and for IDPF so hope they come soon!!!

Would you put it in a USMC/navy small title box or leave it in larger army one?

If it were me, I'd just leave it in the box it came in. The only time I remove stuff like that is if the medals are in danger of suffering damage from the place that they're in/on. You could display in in an appropirate box, but be sure to keep the one it came in and if you decide to resell it/trade it, make sure the old box goes with it.

Or you could have it mounted or put into some type of display. ;P

• 4 months later...