News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese Navy Porcelain Bowl

bmsm

Looks to be nice condition! biggrin.gif

I purchased it from a retired Army Sgt. Major who was in the occupation forces in Japan after the end of WWII. He brought back everything but the kitchen sink and sold all of it over the years. He had Japanese medals, rifles, nambu's, baby nambu's, HUNDREDS of saki cups (most of them translated), trays, and bottles. The list went on and on. He also did two tours in Vietnam and even went to the Vietnamese Language School. He brought back bags of patches and badges from there and set up at Military Shows for at least 35 years selling his items. He died this spring from lung cancer so there is a lot of knowledge lost to fellow collectors.

Bob

Nice piece Bob!

Do you ever eat out of it? - dried squid, some pickles and rice would be a good IJN dish.

I have a couple of crystal tumblers from Battleship Nagato and I use them to toast the IJN with sake each 27 May, the anniversay of the Battle of Tsushima Strait, and subsequently the IJN's Navy Day. Call me crazy ...

Satsuma