News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

USS Wisconsin Flag

Just bought this and thought I would share. As a minimum it should prolong the COA debate.

This signal flag came off the retired US Navy Battleship USS Wisconsin (BB-64) now on display in Norfolk, VA. This flag was sold off when the Wisconsin was being renovated and had been with the ship for years. It is for the "Second Substitute" and comes with an official certificate of authenticy, is in good but used and a bit frayed condition. A great piece of naval history of a capital ship that served from WWII through Desert Storm. As an aside - the auctioneer was married aboard the Wisconsin in 2005 under the 16"guns - the biggest shotgun wedding of all time! LOL

Good hunting,

Tom

That is a great item. I do not see this as being something that would be faked, as I am sure that the Battleship had a couple dozen of these during her long and distictive service life. Who's signature is on the certificate?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry you had to wait for an answer, I have been busy. The name on the certificate is:

MUSN Stanley, James R

Boat Crew U.S.S. Wisconsin (BB-64)

Not sure what an MUSN is but suspect boat crew means he served on board. I have also enclosed a better pic from a scanner.

Tom

That is a great item. I do not see this as being something that would be faked, as I am sure that the Battleship had a couple dozen of these during her long and distictive service life. Who's signature is on the certificate?

Sorry you had to wait for an answer, I have been busy. The name on the certificate is:

MUSN Stanley, James R

Boat Crew U.S.S. Wisconsin (BB-64)

Not sure what an MUSN is but suspect boat crew means he served on board. I have also enclosed a better pic from a scanner.

Tom

MUSN Seaman, Musician Striker (Naval Rating)

Ed