News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Swedish / Nordic Badge ? Military ?

Greetings. I have a badge that appears to be military and is made by Sporrong of Sweden (it is 39mm x 39mm). Thus, I assume it is for a Nordic country.

Does anyone know anything about this? Like what country, what organization/regiment (if military), age, what it was for?

Attached to this post is a low resolution photo of the front. But I have three high resolution photos on PhotoBucket, if you follow this link:

http://s752.photobuc...Nordic%20Badge/

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Linas

Hello Linas!

Well, I have no idea what this cross is all about, but if it is Swedish (at least it is made in Sweden, by Sporrong), it might well have a Värmland connection (see picture for Värmland coat of arms). By the look of the fastening device, I'd say that it is quite recent in manufacture. I'm not sure it originates from the Värmland regiment (I2, 2nd Inf Regt), their traditional colours were yellow and black, and Bergslagens artilleriregemente (A9, 9th Arty Regt) had another coat of arms... Maybe civilian? Värmland

/Jonas

Värmland province coat of arms I2 A9

Edited by GRA

You're welcome! If you need something translated from Swedish, just post it (I might be able to manage Norwegian and Danish too, but Swedish is my native language, so no problem there).

/Jonas

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I would guess it´s a brosch for a medical worker, a "sjuksköterska" in swedish (and Krankenschwester in deutch).

It´s called Sjuksköterskebrosch in swedish and is something you get as a sign of having done your education and you should be wearing it at your work clothes.

Here you have a picture for one being worn in Skåne (another part of Sweden) with the heraldic sign of Skåne on.

SyrreEmblem.jpg

And here you have som others.

P1010134.JPG

They exist in hundreds of variants over the years and places.

Hello.

I would guess it´s a brosch for a medical worker, a "sjuksköterska" in swedish (and Krankenschwester in deutch).

It´s called Sjuksköterskebrosch in swedish and is something you get as a sign of having done your education and you should be wearing it at your work clothes.

Here you have a picture for one being worn in Skåne (another part of Sweden) with the heraldic sign of Skåne on.

SyrreEmblem.jpg

And here you have som others.

P1010134.JPG

They exist in hundreds of variants over the years and places.