News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need help with Gew 98 furniture!

zarusthra

I have had a really nice 1915 erfurt G98 that has a lot of character and charm but has one problem - missing upper handguard!

Anyone know someone who has one or anybody who makes them?

I have had a really nice 1915 erfurt G98 that has a lot of character and charm but has one problem - missing upper handguard!

Hello zarusthra,

I would think that you could have one made if you can't find an original. Considering where you live it should not be difficult to find someone. As a woodworker myself I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of very skilled craftsmen (and women) in your neck of the woods. Good luck and please keep us posted especially if you have one made. I think we need to be more aware and knowledgable of, what I will call, restoration work and the making of replacement parts. Very interesting stuff.

Regards

Brian

Hello zarusthra,

I would think that you could have one made if you can't find an original. Considering where you live it should not be difficult to find someone. As a woodworker myself I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of very skilled craftsmen (and women) in your neck of the woods. Good luck and please keep us posted especially if you have one made. I think we need to be more aware and knowledgable of, what I will call, restoration work and the making of replacement parts. Very interesting stuff.

Regards

Brian

I agree on the craftsman made way if fixing the problem - what my issue is with that is not having one to use as a pattern!

I have a wall of 98k's and their variants but alas only this g98 - i have more furniture on my 71/84's and 88 commisions!

I am almost at the point of getting a second g98 complete to use for reference - but for the last several years I have only seen WAY overpriced examples at gun shows!

I would imagine that they could be found at one of the many Gun Shows in the USA.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers: