News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Masonic Long-service pins

FireMedals

Modern Masonic Lodges seem to be getting away from the issuance of medals for long service to the Lodge, and are going to the ubiquitous lapel pins. These are usually well made, and often have some gold content or perhaps a small precious stone, and can be worn outside the lodge. However, it?s not the same as a medal. Below are examples of service pins from Indiana, Pennsylvania (25 year in silver, 50 year in gold), and Delaware.

These look really interesting, does each Grand Lodge have their own version of them?...K

Yes, I believe they do. I have a blue and silver 25 year lapel pin from the Grand Lodge of Georiga. In Georgia lapel pins are only given for 25, 50, 60, 70, etc. (I think 75 is as high as they've ever gone). 50 year, and above, Masons also receive a special apron too.