News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Swedish cap badge

Hi all,

I picked up this badge, during my last trip and I am just wondering, from what period this badge is from? Looks old but I do not have any experiense of Sverige insignia.... 50s-60s maybe?

14893145b29594_o.jpg

Hello Noor!

I think it is a national cockade m/51 (not sure about the year, it could have been the company/squadron badge that was m/51, they were worn together), it was in any case used with the m/60 and m/87 dress uniforms until recently, before the garrison cap gave way to the beret. They were worn up to the rank of corporal, after that there was a three-piece combination without enamel (in different colours and designs for NCOs, officers, generals and certain regiments). Some years ago you could pick these up by the dozen, and always new and unissued.

/Jonas

Edited by GRA

You're welcome Noor! Coming to think of things, a more probable date for this cockade would be 1941- m/41 - which means it was used with the m/39 uniforms (I somehow seem to recall there was also an enamelled version, an earlier make?) as well as the m/52 uniforms.

/Jonas

Hi all,

I picked up this badge, during my last trip and I am just wondering, from what period this badge is from? Looks old but I do not have any experiense of Sverige insignia.... 50s-60s maybe?

14893145b29594_o.jpg

The model year for this national emblem is 1941. The company/squadron emblems were as stated above introduced in 1951. The m/41 national emblem was issued in two versions. One for other ranks (picture) and one for officers and warrant officers. The latter was made of enamel with a better finish.

Hi,

Thank you! So, this one is earlier model, then I actually tought. I wanted to get something like that anyway, because lack of Swedish items in my small collection. Now, only where I can get some ribbon bars?!?unsure.gifcheeky.gif

Not bad find for 0.70 euro I quess.cheers.gif