News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Feldgendarmerie! Halt!"

This thread is meant to be a study in the Feldgendarmerie and only the Feldgendarmerie. Whether the unit is part of the Heer, Luftwaffe Marine or the Waffen-SS, all are welcome. The study will be based upon how the Feldgendarmerie acted, performed their jobs, how they handled situations and their uniforms and much more..

To begin...

Amazing SS-Feldgendarmerie photographs. They are developed from a negative roll of a Waffen-SS unit, and much more in detail a SS-Felgendarmerie unit. On the outside of the negative carton it reads: "1941 ... Fahrkontrolle

im besetzten Frankreich (Vesoul) U.v.D. Nachrichten Hilf.. ..". Some words are inreadable or for the better eyes.

Vesoul is a French town in the Départment of Haute-Saòne. During the period when these photographs are taken (Early 1941, more precisly January and February) the only Waffen-SS unit which was there, was SS-Division "Reich". The numberplate which is clearly visible also matches this unit. We can conclude that this unit belonged to SS-Division "Reich". I finaly identified the SS-Hauptsturmführer as SS-Hauptsturmführer d.R./ Hauptmann der Gendarmerie Hermann Raecke, commander of the Feldgendarmerie-Trupp of SS-Division Reich.

A superb set of images. I put in a few bids on these on EBay too, but missed the last couple of hours before the end when the price really shot up !

I have posted quite a few Feldgendarmerie related images in various other threads so I will collate them all into this thread.

SS-Hauptsturmführer d.R. / Hauptmann der Gendarmerie (later Major der Gendarmerie and SS-Sturmbannführer) Hermann RAECKE.

I forgot to add that you'll see on the background his orange piped W-SS visor.

SS-Feldgendarm with the Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen in wear! Only wearing the "SS-Feldgendarmerie" cufftitle. The lady also has a real Gestapo look!

Gordon, you will also see on the first photograph the SS men (photographs taken in 1941) that they are wearing the SS Arm Eagle, Police Eagle (Gendarmerie?) and "Feldgendarmerie" cufftitle! All in one.

Edited by HouweTrouwe

SS-Feldgendarm with the Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen in wear! Only wearing the "SS-Feldgendarmerie" cufftitle. The lady also has a real Gestapo look!

Gordon, you will also see on the first photograph the SS men (photographs taken in 1941) that they are wearing the SS Arm Eagle, Police Eagle (Gendarmerie?) and "Feldgendarmerie" cufftitle! All in one.

Very nice indeed. Pretty sure that the guy in the first photo is wearing the green Schupo eagle (to indicate former Police members - prior to the introduction of the special SS ärmelraute), not the Gendarmerie orange eagle.