News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial MG Dragging Straps

strapbadge.th.jpg

There are many different types of these whch I am trying to locate. Does anyone know the various patterns please? They were used right up to late 1930's by German machine gunners. Thanks, Mark

Chip thanks for taking the trouble to show image, much appreciated. Very interesting. Is it marked or dated in anyway?

If you ever you wish to sell ............biggrin.gif

Best wishes,

Mark

Mark,

Here is one type. Papercloth strapping, metal "rings". I have seen similar papercloth straps with leather reinforced rope rings.

Chip

• 1 month later...

Thanks Chip for the post. It is amazing that considering how many Imperial Army maschinengewehr truppen there were (exuse my poor Deutsch Chris) that these dragging straps are not more plentiful!! At the moment I think I can identify 4 different patterns from photos etc but still would like to see more images.

As an aside well done Germany at the football. One day....one day................

Mark

blush.gif