News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Ribbon Bars

• 3 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Where can one find ribbon bars from the pre-1945 period - or the ribbons themselves?

Arnim

Romanian ribbon bars from the Royalist era are very scarce to find, and command high prices

particularly the ones from the Ww3 period with combat awards and mini ribbon bars,

many were thrown away post WW2 as possession of such items if brought to the attention

of the authorities could earn a person time in a camp.

There is no supply of the original old ribbon since the Communists took over, any spare pieces are quickly grabbed up by the dealers to add to existing medals they wish to sell.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-950-0-68592800-1320049606.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-950-0-45839500-1320049638.jpg

I recently found in a piece of original ribbon for the Romanian Cross of War 1916-1918 / 1916-1919 in Cluj-Napoca and it cost me 20 Euro. :speechless1:

Kevin in Deva.

It is a common story. My mother buried my father's items (while he was at the front) in Eastern Germany when it was determined that the Russians - Communists - would take over. I guess the Reds were slimeballs on all fronts!

Arnim

Edited by Arnim