News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What award it can be ?

lilo

Hi All,

I would like to have your help to correctly identify what was called ''Grand Star of Austria'' that is one of the decoration awarded to Japanese General Fukushima.

You can find a list of his awards here : http://gmic.co.uk/in...0&gopid=408243&

It is the only award still not identified, by me at least !

Also a guessing of what this award can be, considering the period in which this general lived (across XIX and beginning of XX century), is well accepted.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo

...Its (on the photo from book) the star on his chest - left side, the first under the medal bar - under the last medal... Its Order of Iron crown (EKO) I.class - star with war decoration...

...Its (on the photo from book) the star on his chest - left side, the first under the medal bar - under the last medal... Its Order of Iron crown (EKO) I.class - star with war decoration...

Hi Iver,

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately I think that it could be a different award. I'm saying this because the award you mention is also listed some point after that of 'Grand Star of Austria'. You can see the list I'm reporting below :

On page 225 of "The Golden Kite" is a chapter pertaining to the decorations and medals of General Fukushima which consist of the following, listed in no specific order:

Grand Cordon Order of the Golden Kite

Grand Cordon Order of the Rising Sun

Grand Cordon Order of the Sacred Treasure

French Legion of Honor, Officer Rank

Order of the Golden Kite Fourth Class

Belgian Order of Leopold Cross, Fourth Class

Grand Star of Austria

Japanese Order of Merit, Second Order

Order of the Golden Kite, Third Class

Order of the Sacred Treasure, Sixth Class

Order of the Iron Crown with War Wreath

Breast Star, Knight Commander, Order of the Bath

Commander, Order of Albert Star, Saxony

Bavaria, Order of Military Merit, Commander

Prussia, Order of the Red Eagle, Second Class, with Swords

Germany, Order of the Red Eagle, Third Class

Montenegro, Order of Denillo, Third Class, Commander

Are you agree or they are one and the same award ??

Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo

..he has no other austro-hungarian order on the photo, so i think its the same - only here- Grand Star of Austria is written which class of Order of the Iron Crown with War Wreath he was awarded.. :cheers:

..he has no other austro-hungarian order on the photo, so i think its the same - only here- Grand Star of Austria is written which class of Order of the Iron Crown with War Wreath he was awarded.. cheers.gif

Hi Iver,

I believe that your reasoning is correct !

In fact, in one point of the list it is reported the award received by Fukushima and in another point the class of this same award .

Many Thanks

Regards

Lilo

Edited by lilo

Hello,

could it be that Fukushima was in service also after WW1 and received the 1st Republic highest class of the Austrian Order of Merit?

Never forget that the classes of this order had curious names, like "Großes Ehrenzeichen mit dem Stern" (or so): possibly this "Grand Star" comes from that...

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Edited by Elmar Lang

Hello,

could it be that Fukushima was in service also after WW1 and received the 1st Republic highest class of the Austrian Order of Merit?

Never forget that the classes of this order had curious names, like "Großes Ehrenzeichen mit dem Stern" (or so): possibly this "Grand Star" comes from that...

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Elmar: ..he died in february 1919, so I don´t think he was awarded austrian republic decoration...