News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just a couple of family items

I have finally gotten around to photographing these 2 things so as to share with you guys, first up a period photograph (unfortunately sealed behind glass, hence the angle of the pic) of my grandfathers 5th Light Horse MG Section in Palestine, circa 1916-1917. He is standing in the middle row, 4th from the right. They must have put him there, standing on the raised section of the staircase, as he was only 5'1" tall!

And the second thing, again behind glass....the document signed by then Governor-General Viscount De L'Isle in 1962 confirming my father's appointment as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Citizens Military Forces (CMF). Not bad for a fellow who never got any higher than Corporal during 1939-45!

cheers

Jas

Edited by Jason

Two intersting items, Jason. The photo has a lot of good historical ref. material. I see the .303 bandoliers look to be identical with the Boer War issue.

(p.s. - I haven't forgotten our campaign for the museum - what is the name of the main newspaper in Brisbane ?)