News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Does anyone have information on a WW1 soldier presumambly an officer, Kurt Griepenkerl?

WW1 Units, awards, etc..

I have him serving in WW2 as an Oberst in the Luftwaffe and seen wearing a WW1 EK1 in a photo but have no information of his service prior to the outbreak of WW2.

Regards

Jeremy

Hello,

Kurt Gripenkerl served during WW1 in the FAR Nr. 19. He received the following medals :

Both iron crosses, knight cross 2nd class with X White Falcon of Saxe Weimar, Hamburg Hanseatic cross, Brunswick War cross 2nd and 1st class and wound badge in black.

Christophe

Christophe

Thanks so much for your response and the excellent information!!! One other question would you happen to have the dates the awards were awarded and the timeframe for his service with Feld Art. Rgt. 19?

WW1 is not my area of collecting so I am completely w/o reference material.

The awards in particular were something I really wanted to find so this is very helpful/valuable.

Kind regards

Jeremy

Edited by spanferkel