News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What Romanian medal it can be ?

Dear All,

I would like to ask your help to try to correctly identify what is the exact medal an Italian national received from Roumania.

The person of which I'm searching the full medal entitlement is the Italian Luigi RIZZO, that was an Italian naval Officer employed within the Danube Commission : http://en.wikipedia....nube_Commission .

In the biography I'm reading about him, I read that in 1913 from the Rumanian Government He received a GOLD medal for Civil Valour for having saved lives in a shipwreck.

As unfortunately this medal is NOT well identified, can someone give me his help, please ?

Many Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Lilo

P.S. : also a guess is really appreciated.

Edited by lilo

Lilo, I think there could be several candidates for the award, with two that come first.

The first one could be Medalia Serviciu Credincios (Faithful Service Medal) that was a general award of the state for deeds that did not qualify for awarding an order.

A second candidate could be Medalia Bărbăţie şi Credinţă which has many translations but a good one would be Medal for Valour and Loyalty. It was intended as a medal for police force, but it could also be awarded to civilians who were involved in restoring and preserving public order. Saving lives may not be "restoring and preserving public order", but it could be described as an act of civil valour.