News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Third Reich 25 Year Long Service Award

Hello Everyone,

I've posted this medal with the group it is with in the German section but I thought that I'd post the medal itself here. Perhaps other members have the 18 and 8 year awards that they could add to round out this post.

Polizei 25 Year Long Service Award (Polizei Dienstauszeichenungen 25)

Adolf Hitler instituted 3 classes of Police Long Service Awards in 1938 to recognize police personnel for their loyal service to the Third Reich and the Fuhrer.

The medal featured here is the 1st class, for 25 years of service, struck from a nickel alloy and finished in a gold fired gilt. The reverse reads "FUR TREUE DIENSTE IN DER POLIZEI" (For Loyal Service in the Police).

The second class, for 18 years of service, is similar to the 1st class but is in silver.

The 3rd class, for 8 years service, is in bronze from what I have read but I've seen these offered as struck from nickel alloy and finished with a nickel plating. Perhaps someone with more knowledge in this field can expand on this.

This is one of my favourite Thrid Reich medals, though I don't actually collect in that time frame.

Regards

Brian

Lovely condition, Brian. I think this is the first WW2 German item we have had on the this sub-forum. I may have a silver version - if so, will post.

Hi Mervyn,

Yes, I think you are correct,I scanned through the posts and did not find one, so I posted mine.

If you locate your silver one please do post it.

Regards

Brian