News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello John.

per the reference book : " Der Kgl. Saechs. Militaer-St.Heinrichs-Orden 1736-1918 Ein Ehrenblatt der Saechsischen Arme" Reprint of 1964 lists the following members of the several Saxon reigning houses as Ritter:

-Herzog Ernst II v. Sachsen-Altenburg, Kgl.S. Gen.d.Inf. on 9.Nov.1914;

-Grossherzog Wilhelm Ernst v.Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach,Kgl.S. General d.Kav., on 26. Feb. 1915;

- Herzog Karl Eduard v.Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, Kgl.S. Gen.Lt., on 26.Feb.1915;

-Herzog Bernhard III. von Sachsen-Meiningen und Hildburghausen, Kgl.Pr. Gen.Oberst, on 3.Apr.1915.

For higher levels in this Saxon order I shall place additional posts.

Bernhard H. Holst

Thanks Bernhard.

I look forward to the additional information concerning the higher classes. Also, could you confirm an award of the St. Henry to Boris III of Bulgaria?

John

Hello John.

Higher grade bestowal(s) I found under Kommandeure 2. Klasse :

-Herzog Ernst II. v. Sachsen-Altenburg, Kgl.Saechs. Gen.d.Inf. u. Kdr.Pr. 8.Inf.Div.. Awarded on 28.Aug.1916.

No bestowals of Kommandeur 1. Klasse nor Grosskreuz.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello John.

The Bulgarian reigning family:

-the reigning sovereigns of the allied powers (Mittelmaechte) were all bestowed with the Grosskreuz. This included Bulgaria, however no details were given.

In addition the Ritter grade was bestowed on Crownprince Boris of Bulgaria,Prince of Tyrnova with date of 17.Sep.1918. He was a la suite des Kgl.Saechs. Garde-Reiter Rgt.

Bernhard H. Holst

PS: a total of 2,700 officers were decorated with the several grades of this order. There was no posthumous bestowal.

B.H.H.

• 4 weeks later...