News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japan Shawa Period Marshal's Order ?

Linasl

Greetings All.

I have the opportunity to buy a Japanese Breast Star which the seller states is a "Japan Shawa Period Marshal's Order Breast Star." I have attached a Low Resolution photo, but have 2 higher resolution photos on PhotoBucket, by following this link:

http://s752.photobuc...ast%20Star%201/

I know nothing about this breast badge. As such, I have the following questions, for which I would greatly appreciate everyone's assistance:

1. Is this an Original Government-issued breast star or some type of fantasy item or theater prop?

2. From what time period?

3. When was it established / when was it dissolved?

4. From what Government (Shawa?)?

5. Is it military or civil?

6. What was it awarded for?

7. Who was eligible to receive it (military, government officials, royalty, civil, foreigners)?

8. Is it rare (how many were issued, if known)?

9. What would you estimate the value (help me determine if I should buy it)?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Linas

Linas,

This is a very poor quality fake. If you look through the earlier pages in the Japan section you will find photos of a real one, which is totally different.

Before you start spending money on expensive Chinese and Japanese orders I suggest you buy whatever books are available and read them, as well as looking at examples of the genuine article in auction catalogues etc. If not, you will be badly stung by the Chinese fakers out there since they churn out an amazing quantity of this garbage.

If you had the chance to buy a real Japanese Marshal`s badge you should expect to pay in excess of US$40,000 for one, and there were only ever 32 awarded.

Regards,

Paul

Thank you Paul. Maybe I shouldn't venture where I do not have the expertise.

Take care. Linas

Linas,

Unfortunately there are very few collecting areas where one can venture without doing a lot of homework beforehand. Chinese orders are particularly difficult since they are heavily faked. In addition, a number of the breast stars you have shown are pure fantasy pieces created to deceive. Unless and until you have read extensively on the subject I would recommend you save yourself from being badly burned. The age old advice of only buying from reputable dealers or auction houses very much applies here.

Regards,

Paul