News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My (humble) Soviet Collection

Hello friends,

Great forum! I've already learned quite a bit on here, and am looking forward to lurking (and posting) more!

Here's my growing Soviet collection, it's definitely not as impressive as othes on here but I am sure it will grow with time. Not only do I find the medals to be beautiful, but also I am motivated and inspired by their recipients' heroic acts. Thanks for looking!

George

IMG_1277.JPG

OGPW2 awarded to a Ukrainian gentleman?

IMG_1279.JPG

Probably a late 1945 award, I'll need to upgrade to an earlier one some time.

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

OGPW1, awarded to (Political) Major Aleksandr Kondratov on February 7, 1945--for fighting in Altenberg, East Prussia. The award paper says that Kondratov "motivated fighters and commanders, personaly engaged the enemy and led by example."

IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

ORS, 1943

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

ORB, 1945 and OG 1943

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

Award Book for the Order of Glory, the recipient had also been awarded two "Valor" medals and the ORS.

IMG_2185.JPG

USSR and Russia 3 Rouble coins celebrating different stages of WWII, 1991-1995.

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

A couple of 1 Oz silver coins from modern Belarus and Russia celebrating the war.

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

I am told this 1943 5 Kopeks is the highest graded by the Numismatic Guarantee Corp. The mint was moved to Krasnokamsk for the war, and good specimens are rare.

The suspension, screwplate, and connecting ring are fake. The enamel / lacquer is replaced. The ring on the medal looks too round and new; these rings usually have a lot of wear on the inside. The medal itself seems to be original. Have a look at some original pieces here and compare: http://mondvor.narod.ru/MOtvaga.html