News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello All,

I have been offered a bar.. but I have questions about it.

1) Whenever I see the 1914 spange on an 1870 cross I want to run away and bury my head in the sand (way too many fakes out there).

2) For an officer with 25 years + in service... and only a RAO 4th class with now Crown order seems strange. If it was a RAO 3rd class.. then I could justify no Crown as I would expect that to be around the neck.

The seperate 1914 spange was an extra that came with the bar... so at least I can show the reverse.

Let me know the good... the bad... and the ugly (while I play the Clint Eastwood theme in the background) :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mark

again I am the bad guy that sees the evil behind every corner :D I am no expert for the 1914 clasps but it doesn`t look good to me... the prongs on the reverse look very new...

next point, the battle clasps of the 70/71 medal (unfortunately I am a little expert for battle clasps...) doesn`t look good as well - typical fake style of my special friend "Nordwind" from milweb.....

complete bar looks very new, reverse also... I am not very happy with it, let`s hear the other gentlemen...

just some more info on the faked 70/71 battle clasps of this very special long version seen here.... very poor quality, all look exactly the same (any idea why... :angry: ) and many of them are seen by Nordwind.... here are two more examples of battle clasps (from him...). Look at the "signs of wearing" on the surface, exactly the same... Mount Valerien is a rare battle clasp but I have seen over 20 with exactly the same "used" surface.... that`s too much black magic for me