News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have been looking at imperial hussar uniforms and the $2k +++ to shell out for a nice field gray is a bit much for me so I keep looking into the romatinc Victorian era of the blue, green and red stuff when the war was still just a whisp of horror away... so here is my question

What does it mean to say "Officers Interm Atilla"???

I have been looking at imperial hussar uniforms and the $2k +++ to shell out for a nice field gray is a bit much for me so I keep looking into the romatinc Victorian era of the blue, green and red stuff when the war was still just a whisp of horror away... so here is my question

What does it mean to say "Officers Interm Atilla"???

I believe, but I could be mistaken, that the Interim Atilla has a bit less gold or silver braid on it, so it was not quite as fancy as the parade or gala Atilla and was for more everyday use.

Edited by Mike Dwyer

...What does it mean to say "Officers Interm Atilla"???

Hi, sorry - answer just in German - maybe someone ist able to translate it! 2014.gif

Best regards, Jens

Interimsattila ist für den kleinen Dienst der Offiziere. Ähnlich dem Überrock der übrigen Offiziere zu tragen.

Der Interimsattila ist mit vereinfachter Verschnürung und einem Stehumfallkragen versehen. Er hat nicht die Tressen an Kragen und Ärmelaufschlägen zur Unterscheidung in Subaltern- und Stabsoffiziere. Die Verschnürung ist immer silber, auch bei goldener Verschnürung der Paradeattila. In diesem Fall sind nur Knebel und Rosetten in Gold. Sehr gut an dem obigen Beispiel zu erkennen. Einzige Ausnahme bildet das braunschweigische 17.Husaren-Regiment mit schwarzen Schnüren und schwarz übersponnenen Knöpfen und Knebeln.

Die Interimsattilas der Leib-Garde-Husaren und der Regimenter Nr.3 und 5 waren blau, ansonsten hatte der Interimsattila immer die Farbe des Dienstattilas.

Preislich werden Interimsattila erheblich geringer als die Paradeausführung bewertet.

My German is really rusty - help please...

My German is almost non-existant, but with the help of the Internet I think I have a fair translation:

The interim attila is for the daily wear of the officers, similar to the Uberrock. The interim attila is provided with simplified lacing and a stand and fall collar. It does not have the lacing on the collar and sleeves for the different grades of officers. The lacing is always silver, even for regiments with gold lacing. Only the toggles and rosettes are in gold. The only exception is the Braunschweigische 17.Husaren-Regiment with black cords and black buttons and toggles. The interim attilas of the Leib-Garde-Husaren and regiments Nr. 3 and 5 were blue, otherwise the interim attila was in the color of the parade attila.