News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian Feldartillerie Regiment Nrs. 47, 57 and 43

Hi all,

New to the forum, and at present I am researching FAR 47, FAR 57 and FAR 43, all regiments which my grandfather belonged to over the course of the Great War. I have the Unit Histories for FAR 47 and FAR 43, but not for 57...I was wondering how difficult it might be to find that History. I was a bit disappointed to see that while the UH for FAR 43 has a Roll of Honor in it of the dead and wounded by battery, the FAR 47 UH has no such roll, though it does list all who got the EKI, amongst other things.

I was also hoping to connect with others researching these units, either because they have an interest in these units and/or have ancestors that served in them...I know at least on GMIC member here does (Hi Andy!).

I would be happy to chat with anyone who has an interes in these regiments or who has questions about them...I am a bit new to this and will do my best. I would also be happy to connect with anyone researching soldiers from Fulda, germany, which was my grandfather's home town.

Take care,

-Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I do not have a copy of the FAR 47 regimental history but the regiment's chapter in volume 8 of "Deutschlands Heere bis 1918" does list the commanders, officers killed in action, numbers of significant awards, rounds fired etc, etc.

The "Handbuch der Verbände und Truppen des deutschen Heeres 1914-1918, Feldartillerie Band 1" by Jürgen Kraus details all the regiment's subordinations to higher formations during the war.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Daniel,

I do not have a copy of the FAR 47 regimental history but the regiment's chapter in volume 8 of "Deutschlands Heere bis 1918" does list the commanders, officers killed in action, numbers of significant awards, rounds fired etc, etc.

The "Handbuch der Verbände und Truppen des deutschen Heeres 1914-1918, Feldartillerie Band 1" by Jürgen Kraus details all the regiment's subordinations to higher formations during the war.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Some good news: I checked and I see a copy of 'Deutschlands Heere bis 1918' available at the New York Public Library, which I will be requesting from them forthwith. The copy of the FAR 47 History is pretty rare, from what I am able to gather, and I was very fortunate to find someone selling a clean, original copy not too long ago. I am in the proces of digitizing it so I can struggle through it on my laptop while commuting. :)

I am hopeful to find a copy of the other book you mention as well. My sincerest thanks!

-Daniel