News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heer officers transitional tunic

I've been wanting a ww2 german tunic since I was a kid.After I got back into this hobby a few years ago and seen how high the prices were,I lost all hope of ever having a nice one.Then a friend of mine worked a deal for me that I just couldn't believe and I now am the proud (and last) owner of this great example of an early tunic.Frank I can't thank you enough!!

Well here it is.The only bad thing about it was that some idiot had glued the litzen on at some point,so the 1st thing I did was go to work with some goof off.I'm not finished with it,but couldn't wait any longer to post pictures.

It has 3 sets of award loops on the left pocket,3 loops for a good sized ribbon bar,and 1 loop on the right pocket.After looking it over closely I can see where there was one below it,so a spanish or german cross would have gone there I suppose.

I hope you like it,I sure do.

Jim P

I have rounded up everything I need to restor this to an infantry Hauptman,now all I need is an apprpriate ribbon bar.The loops for it are spaced quite wide.So I will be needing one with both ww1 and ww2 awards,but without anything from the eastern front.

Any ideas??

thanks, Jim

• 1 month later...

Jim I must say it indeed is nice to have friends in this hobby. That is a nice tunic and if you don't mind I would like to post a photo of my latest tunic and cap from the same friend. We were able to make a trade that fit both our wants. Echoing Jim, thanks again Frank.

Here is my tropical FJ Unteroffizier. :beer:

Jim I must say it indeed is nice to have friends in this hobby. That is a nice tunic and if you don't mind I would like to post a photo of my latest tunic and cap from the same friend. We were able to make a trade that fit both our wants. Echoing Jim, thanks again Frank.

Here is my tropical FJ Unteroffizier. :beer:

I don't mind at all.Frank has been of tremendous help to me in restoring my collection to what it once was.Now with his help and guidance,it has grown past what it once was.I could not have aquired some of the nicer items I have if it weren't for him.

Thanks Frank,

Jim

• 1 year later...

Well it's been just over a year and I have finally gathered up (almost) everything to put this tunic back together.There are a few things that I wtill want to do,but I have finally found someone to get it sewn back together.