News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Landwehr Cross for XX years

Does anyone have a picture of this cross? If so please be so kind and post it here both obverse and avers. I was googling it for half day and was not successful at all. That gives a clues it's a rare award?

Thank you.

Does anyone have a picture of this cross? If so please be so kind and post it here both obverse and avers. I was googling it for half day and was not successful at all. That gives a clues it's a rare award?

Thank you.

Hello Viliam:

You are correct, these awards are relatively uncommon and much under-valued. I believe that Mr. Turk at www.emedals.ca has at least one example available currently in his listings and there are some photos there.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thank you guys. I checked what Mr. Turk currently offers...he has two of these, each other looking totally different. Question is are they both good, both fakes, or only one of them - which one?

Ah, this collecting...why didn't I stay with fishing...:lol:

Edited by avadski

Thank you guys. I checked what Mr. Turk currently offers...he has two of these, each other looking totally different. Question is are they both good, both fakes, or only one of them - which one?

Ah, this collecting...why didn't I stay with fishing...:lol:

Hello again:

Fishing used to frustrate me often too! The "fun factor" in collecting Imperial Orders and Decorations is not there often anymore for me either. It has become hard work keeping vigilant of forgeries, problems with the postal system, etc.

Without inspecting the pieces firsthand, it is rather difficult to make any proper analysis. Sascha pointed out that there are cast copies about. I have not personally inspected one of these yet. My suggestion would be to search-out a copy and to get good photographs of it. Perhaps this will help to know what to avoid. I would certainly wait to purchase a piece until you have studied a few copies and a few genuine pieces. There are undoubtedly many original pieces on groups that members on this forum own. Perhaps someone will post some photos of these pieces which may help a bit.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Fishing used to frustrate me often too! The "fun factor" in collecting Imperial Orders and Decorations is not there often anymore for me either. It has become hard work keeping vigilant of forgeries, problems with the postal system, etc.

Those were the days when were 'the fakers' using plastic baits to attract those poor creatures in the water. Now we know how they felt! :beer: