News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mons Star

Hi,

I tried to find out more about this Mons Star but unfortunately again my Ancestry web researhing skills let me down.off%20topic.gif

I was able to dig out ony his MIC and thats it. Probably because as well name is common. But I have a feeling that there should be more....

Anyway, if someone again can help me or point out right direction, I would be very happy.

Here is what I have so far:

1914 Star named to Pte 11357 W.KANE R.IR;FUS

Private William Kane

Service Number: 11357 Royal Irish Fusiliers / 47226 Worcestershire Regiment

His MIC don't show much (at least I got his second regimental number and full first name)

17045341ca29c7_l.jpg

So, nothing else on Ancestry or at least I wasn't able to locate anything else (pension records, service, etc).

Also, his MIC don't show VM or BWM - can it be listed to the other MIC or it was only one card what was processed by person?

Also I checked London Gazette - just in case and NIL results

However, there was piece on the Worcestershire's web. Who ever looks after this - great job!

Here is a list of Worcestershire Regiment men issued with the Silver War Badge and there he is again:

Keane William 47226 Pte.

(http://www.worcestershireregiment.com/wr.php?main=inc/swb_k)

This time as a Keane.... maybe something why I wasn't able to find anything else?

All the best,

Noor