News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian commemorative medal ribbon question

Hello Everyone,

The last of the three medals I have questions about from a purchase I made a few months age is regarding a ribbon on a Prussian commemorative medal for the 1870 conflict. I will show the obverse and reverse of the medal first with the third photo showing the ribbon that came on the medal.

The medal is 26 mm in diameter and looks to be plated bronze. I think the ribbon is actually for the American Army of Occupation from the First World War period, but I don't know anything about American medals.

If this is not the correct ribbon would anyone know what the correct one is and where I might find one?

As always, thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brian

post-1801-016314200 1294010136_thumb.jpg

This is the ribbon that came on the medal. It matches exactly with the American Army of Occupation medal ribbon so I'm pretty sure it is not the correct ribbon.

Is there a generic ribbon that was used on these commemorative medals?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Brian

post-1801-026658500 1294010376_thumb.jpg