News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HI

I am trying to find possible first name of Hptm Stein from FAR 27. He was promoted Hptm on 081014.

He was the commander of several German flying units from 1915 until EOW.

He is NOT the Hptm Erich Stein who later become a General during WW2, this is another Stein..:blush:

He was likely highly decorated...

I am also looking for possible date and place of birth.

Any hints are welcome

:D

Gunnar

• 2 months later...

Hi again

I am still hunting this mysterious Stein. I knew that FAR 27 had it roots in Wiesbaden.

Could it exist any ranglisten or similar of this regiment which might give some clues...?

It exists a book about one of the aviation units he led (AFA 211), but sadly this book dont give

any bibliographic information on him despite he was the commander for over an Year and actually formed the unit...

However it states he got the EKI on 27 Jan 16.

unsure.gif

Gunnar

• 2 weeks later...

Gunnar,

it appears that FAR 27 Stein was also an Erich Stein! The Mitglieder-Verzeichnis of the Association of former officers of FAR 27 shows a Major a.D. Erich Stein. The later Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Erich Stein never served in FAR 27. Another coincidence: They were both at the Kriegsakademie in 1914. FAR 27 Stein was a year ahead at the academy being shown there in 1913 also.

Regards

Glenn

• 8 months later...

Hi again

Just a little further question. It seems that Roth identifies the Hptm Stein who received the Hohenzollern on 5 Jul 17 as the

later General der Luftwaffe.

I wonder if this other Hptm Erich Sten (P) "the older one" could be the Hptm Stein who received

the Hohenzollern on 8 Dec 17..?

:unsure:

Gunnar