News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just wondered what people thought of the Brunswick 1815 medal currently on eBay...:love:...seems to be shooting up? (BTW, I am not the seller or connected with the seller in any way!)

I was going to bid, but I have no real idea of the value and it might be sneaking out of my budget range...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150566598662&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Guest leopold

Just wondered what people thought of the Brunswick 1815 medal currently on eBay...:love:...seems to be shooting up? (BTW, I am not the seller or connected with the seller in any way!)

I was going to bid, but I have no real idea of the value and it might be sneaking out of my budget range...

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

there where only 2 given and 10 made. don't like it and for that price would not buy it if its fake.

greetings,

Leopold

there where only 2 given and 10 made. don't like it and for that price would not buy it if its fake.

greetings,

Leopold

Hello Leopold, I suppose I am still very naive about medal collecting...is counterfeiting a problem with medals of this era? Thank you for forewarning me...:blush:

• 2 months later...

Hello Monkey,

I apologize for this late response to your post but I just noticed it. Nevertheless, I feel that I should

pass some thoughts on to you regarding this subject.

I received my first Braunschweig Waterloo Medal as a gift over thirty years ago. As a result, although

I would never consider myself to be an expert on the subject, Braunschweig has been one of my areas

of interest ever since. That having been said, let’s consider the medal at hand.

From the pictures, it certainly is a beautiful medal, isn’t it? As leopold pointed out in post #2, only two

were awarded (some sources say three) and about ten were produced. Over the years I have seen a number

of them offered in different venues. As a matter of fact, and I am not making this up, just a few years ago

there were three on the market at the same time; and two of them had very convincing and “authentic”

documentation!

I don’t know, there may be an authentic piece, or two out there, and this may be one of them; but for me,

at those odds, I’ll confine my gambling to Las Vegas... and life.

Best wishes,

Wild Card