News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fleamarket Find - Medal Convolute

Hi Everyone,

After a couple of barren weekends at various flea-markets, I was fortunate enough on Saturday to turn up a three

medal convolute, plus a RAD cap badge and tinnie / broach.

4 year and 12 year Luftwaffe Service Medals both on ribbon with clips

2nd form RAD cap badge from Arbeitsgau XXX Bayern - Hochland

WW1- von Hindernburg tinnie / broach

Finally a small mystery, Bravery award to a member of a Eastern Folk Group, looking at the ribbon it should be from the silver

class. As you can see every last trace of the silver wash has disappeared (if it was ever there) I'm thinking of giving it a silver dip.

What would members advise. Any advice welcome.

Regards

On the Eastern Peoples, check the colour of the ring, this keeps the finish, and will tell you the grade. It looks bronze to me, so, wrong ribbon.

Regards,

Pete

Edited by wood

Thanks for the posts - Pete, it had crossed my mind that it could be a bronze award on the wrong ribbon. The more I look at it, the more my thinking comes into line with your suggestion. There is not a single trace of the silver wash on the medal, I need another ribbon.

Regards

Congratulations on your recent acquisitions Alec,

your collection must be coming along nicely now. :jumping:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Thank you Kevin for your kind words.

A generalist Third Reich collector - main areas of interest equipment, uniforms. I do take the occasional medal, badge or tinnie when they come along at the right price. Just starting to put together a collection of WW2 Iron Crosses 2 Class from different makers. Paying 50 - 60 euro a pop perhaps one of the last affordable collecting sections open to collectors of third reich medals. However, again thanks for the words of encouragement.

Best Wishes