News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gun Insignia - Identification?

Dave - we often know so little about our members. Should it not be too personal please tell us about your Branch of Service - and a little of your history. I take it you are retired ? Mervyn

Nothing spectacular, Merv. Served in the Army '59 - '71 mainly as a Tank Crewman later Commander. Far East, Middle East and Europe. Cross-trained as "Dismounted Cavalry" i.e. Infantry and loaned out to plug holes in units that were short on personnel. This was quite common in the late '50s and early '60s as National Service came to an end and recruiting replacements lagged far behind. Units going into "emergencies", Malaya/Malaysia/Borneo/ Arabian Peninsular were brought up to strength this way. After demob I emigrated to California, graduated from the University of Southern Calif with a couple of degrees in Engineering. Designed projects in various countries and retired to whack the little white ball a couple of years ago. I am in Florida at the moment as we sold a house we had here and am going back to Calif next week, we still have a home on Maui also.