News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1887/97 Police Jubilee Medal

Warrant number 71940 William Hibberd.

Joined 21/06/1886 as a PC in T Div (Divisional Number 343) and finished 13/11/1900 whilst serving as a PC in D Div (No 38R - so he was part of D Div Reserve). He actually died whilst serving.

The 1887 medal (earned in T Div) and the bar (earned in D Div) is his sole police entitlement

Thank you very much Odin!!!:jumping:

Splended information! Does your materials provide as well his address and or DOB (just in order to try to research him more)?

Great looking award!

Thanks again,

Timo

181870937ca66f_l.jpg

I'm afraid not but you should be able to pick him up through the 1891 census fairly easily as he appears to be the only Met Officer with that name in 1891. Unfortunately I haven't got a subscription to download that from the internet.

Hibberd must have died from some illness; I have checked and he was not killed whilst on duty. I have a friend / fellow collector in the Met who has the causes of death for some men who died from illness whilst still in the service. I will try to ask him, in slower time, whether he has anything on Hibberd. However today would not be a good day as he is rather pre-occuppied with other matters - he is the senior officier in charge of the policing of some place called Westminster Abbey. Not sure but I think there just might be something happening there today.

Very nice medal by the way - doesn't look as if he ever wore it.

Edited by Odin Mk 3

I will try to ask him, in slower time, whether he has anything on Hibberd. However today would not be a good day as he is rather pre-occuppied with other matters - he is the senior officier in charge of the policing of some place called Westminster Abbey. Not sure but I think there just might be something happening there today.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation had a fascinating interview with the former head of Scotland Yard's Royals Protection Unit. The upshot was along the lines of "Glad I'm retired."