News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sometimes when you see Woundbadges in Gold it makes you wonder what the story behind it is :cool:

So here is a true story about a real survivor , at least until 1920

Lt Christian Phillip born 3 Sept 1893 , he was fighting from the beginning and

fought the whole war on the Western front from 24 Sept 1914.

He was in KB Inf Rgt 6

30 Feb 1916 he got his first award EK II and 6 months later he got wounded the first time of many... It was 4th Aug 1916 during fighting in Verdun that he was wounded in "Links oberschenkel" ? (1st Wound.)

He got MVO IV x 8 jan 1917 and of course got wounded again May 3rd 1917 by handgrenade in left side of head (2nd wound)

Sometime after that he got MVO IV mKr x and in Aug 1st another wound this time in Right arm by hand grenade (3rd wound)

March 9 1918 he was awarded EK I and .... yes he was wounded again by a bullet in the head

at Somme 28 Sept 1918 (4th wound) he got the Verwabz schwarz 1916, and in 1918 he got the one in Mattweiss and the war for Phillip wasn´t over yet ...

He was fighting in Munich April 1919 and later in the year he was in Kurland / Riga and

he was wounded again ! 10th Nov 1919 hit by bullet in the throat (5th wound) hmm

But he still kept on fighting :speechless1:

March 15th 1920 he got the final ? wound "Schwer Brustschuss Lunge" (6th wound)

If anyone deserved a woundbadge in Gold he must be the man ....

What I can see is that he was in "behandlung´" in July 20th 1920 and after that I lost trace of him....

Fascinating story

Christer