News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sacred Treasure - Silver Rays

Dieter3

Approaching mint condition but the tarnish holds it back, otherwise it really is excellent. I might try to clean it up at some point, but I've not the patience at the moment! 2014.gif I find these pieces very interesting with regards to the letters and numbers stamped into them. Rich, you had one recently on your site - do you recall the code stamped on yours? For that matter, anybody with these, what codes do you have? Do these indicate manufacturing sequences within time frames? I know at least the later post-war Sacred Treasures up to these (pre-2003?) had similar codes stamped into the top of the suspension knobs. Would love to know more about these codes. Anyway:

Hmmm. The mint must have info on this. Rich, or anyone, do you have any contact leads at the mint for questions of this nature? Do you think they'd even bother dealing with individuals for these sorts of questions?

Very nice, Dieter!

What period would you place this piece? To my inexpert eye, the shape of the mirror suggests an earlier mintage but the kanji on the case appears almost modern.

so they use new dies??

Not sure. I haven't compared this one directly to earlier 6th classes. I've been meaning to do so to see about similarities or differences, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Of course the one major difference is the paulownia suspension used on these that is not used on its predecessors - so there's a change at the top of the ray portion of the medal for sure. The ring of jewels might be the same as earlier pieces being attached with the screws.