News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I was able to secure the Van Riebeeck Decoration Miniature a while ago. I already had the Medal.

This is a beautiful design and very few were issued.

Here is an extract from Wikipedia:

"The Van Riebeeck Decoration was a South African military decoration that was in use from 1952 to 1975. It was awarded to military officers, for distinguished service in the field.

The only two recipients were a Cmdt Jan Breytenbach (1972) and Lt Cdr Lambert Woodburne

The Van Riebeeck Medal was a South African military decoration that was in use from 1952 to 1975. It was awarded to "other ranks" (enlisted men), for distinguished service in the field.

Only five were awarded.

The Decoration is of silver gilt in the shape of a five-pointed star representing in outline the Castle of Good Hope. Jan van Riebeeck is depicted in relief against a background of three rings representing his three ships, with the words UITNEMENDE DIENS * DISTINGUISHED SERVICE in the outer rings. The Medal is identical but in silver."

See attached picture ( Medal on left & Decoration on right)