News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SS Transitional Parade Helmets

I have an early black transitional double-decal SS parade helmet picked up by the vet along a road in Nuernberg toward the end of the war. It is the lightweight variety that typically have a shiny black finish. It has the early liner, which is stamped inside to a Munich Signal Regiment. I have seen a couple in books, also unit stamped. The stamp is similar to the typical SS clothing and equipment stamp. These SS helmets have a variety of finishes; some shiny but many very dull. I have not seen this type unit stamp in reissued M-1918 etc helmets. I assume these were purchased by the units.

Any thoughts? EBJ

kapten,

I am just learning my way around this forum. I retired recently (at 71) and have more time to spend on the web. I recently discovered this site and like it. It is much better than some of the US sites, which are filled with many "expert" novices.

I will try to post some photos. EBJ

I'm still working on posting photos. My files are too big.

FYI: the rectangular stamp in the helmet lining reads, "SUD 1935 SS-Na.1" (with umlaut above the u).

This is for SS Oberabschnitt Sud, which was earlier SS-Gruppe Sud. Na.1 was SS-Signal Battalion 1, stationed in Munich. This Oberabscnitt was the longest in existence, established on 1/30/29. EBJ