News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraq Medal of Al Rumelia oilfield 1972

Guest IMHF

Iraq Medal of Al Rumelia oilfield 1972

This is a very beautiful Iraq medal it arrived today in the mail~

-I can say that this is the first I have seen in this condition, most of the ones I seen were damaged and the asking prices were $450-$600.00 in poor condition~

Translation:

-14-17 of July article # 8 a present from Mr. President of the Republic the venerable AHMED HASSAN AL BAKER for the employee who investing the national oil by the anniversary of operating ALROMILA NORTH OIL FIELD on the 7th of April 1972~

I found out that the medal was designed by an Iraq Artist named “MOHAMMED GANI HIKMAT”

-I am not sure if the name is spelled correctly but his signature is written lower right on the back of the medal~

-I believe he also created the Heroes of Al Qadassiya solid gold Badge in the 1980’s~

Edited by IMHF

Lorenzo,

Nice to see an example in such good condition although I am fairly sure that the ribbon is incorrect. The one I have is missing the suspension bar and the gold inset oil derrick and republican eagle are also missing - I don't know if these insets are real gold but someone must have thought so and prised them out. There is also a desk medallion of this medal but the medallion is a one piece item with no inset derrick or eagle.

Regards,

Owain

Lorenzo,

Nice to see an example in such good condition although I am fairly sure that the ribbon is incorrect. The one I have is missing the suspension bar and the gold inset oil derrick and republican eagle are also missing - I don't know if these insets are real gold but someone must have thought so and prised them out. There is also a desk medallion of this medal but the medallion is a one piece item with no inset derrick or eagle.

Regards,

Owain

Owain

Good to hear from you again, I was wondering if you could post an image of the table-medallion?

I was told that the medal was made from nickel copper of some sort.

• 5 years later...