News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romania, Serviciul Credincios Cross

A very good friend of mine has bought a very nice group of British Medals with the Serviciul Credincios Cross at the end. Alas the ribbons are very much on their last legs. He is proposing to re-ribbon them on another bar and mount them with the old ribbons above. He can get plenty of ribbon for the British but the Romanian one is bit of problem. Do any members have some ribbon for the cross which they would be prepared to sell me.

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Paul

Hallo Paul,

© Lukasz Gaszewski 2000, 2004

I believe the ribbon used for the 1906 Serviciul Credincios - WW1 period was the above,

even living here in Romania since 2003 original Romanian Royalty period ribbon is extremely

scarce to find without the original medal attached and commands a high price.

I hope to be attending Brasov Collectors Fair later this month and will have a look around to see whats

on offer, but wont hold my breath, with regards these type of items.

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Paul,

© Lukasz Gaszewski 2000, 2004

I believe the ribbon used for the 1906 Serviciul Credincios - WW1 period was the above,

even living here in Romania since 2003 original Romanian Royalty period ribbon is extremely

scarce to find without the original medal attached and commands a high price.

I hope to be attending Brasov Collectors Fair later this month and will have a look around to see whats

on offer, but wont hold my breath, with regards these type of items.

Kevin in Deva.

Kevin many thanks,

I won't hold my breath, Just hope and pray.

Paul

Just on a hunch I went through 24 pages of a Romanian website saw in total 5 S.C. Crosses and 2 S.C. Medals with the ribbon you want, various conditions, (nothing being offered under 80 -100 Euros!) and depending on the style of mounting you might be looking at needing two pieces of the ribbon.

Alternatively you could try to source another similar type looking ribbon from another country, I believe this was not uncommon when mounting Foreign awards as stocks of original ribbon might not be on hand at the military tailors when needed.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

• 4 months later...

..still looking for this ribbon? I have boght a group of ribbons, there are also some Romanian and I think this one too...

If you have I would be most interested (I had use the type 2 as a standby).

Paul

All are Romanian, congratulations on such a nice find :jumping::jumping:

Top Row:-

1 & 2 are for the Romanian Crusade Against Communism Medal. / Cruciada Impotriva Comunismului1942.

3 is for the Romanian Manhood & Loyalty / Barbatie si Credincious1913.

4. is for the Cross of Faithful Service / Crucea Serviciu Credincios1938 war ribbon.

Bottom Row 1. Cross / Medal of Faithful Service / Crucea / Medalia Serviciu Credincios1906.

2 & 3 are for the Romanian Manhood & Loyalty / Barbatie si Credincious1913.

4. is a variation of the Cross of Faithful Service / Crucea Serviciu Credincios1938 war ribbon,

possibly intended for a German award as the Germans used a narrower ribbon on their awards bars.

Kevin in Deva. :speechless1: