News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for good insignia reference websites

Does anyone who specializes in Polizei and similar such organizations have any good links that they might be able to share that would help a casual "outsider" have some sort of clue what they might have stumbled across, when they find shoulderboards and the like that are outside of the standard Heer / Kriegsmarine / Luftwaffe?

Thanks,

--Chris

Guest Rick Research

Awww... where's the fun in THAT?! Besides, you haven't done too bad on impulse buys (obviously your shops are better pickins than ours!) :cheers:

Come to think of it, there is one that has had me scratching my head. I'll try my best to describe it in a halfway coherent fashion:

Imagine the U shaped pattern of the Russian braid on your typical Leutnant shoulderboard. Instead of the Russian braid, there is a braid that looks more like the way that rope is twisted. Each strand is maybe 3mm wide, and made of some sort of silky looking white material. I couldn't see any evidence of pips or devices having been present. The backing is a pale gray, more sidewalk gray than feldgrau. Remnants of a RZM tag are present, with the printing on the tag in gray instead of the more typical black.

I've had trouble finding anything even vaguely similar to this to reference it to.

Something DRK perhaps?

--Chris

Edited by landsknechte

Come to think of it, there is one that has had me scratching my head. I'll try my best to describe it in a halfway coherent fashion:

Imagine the U shaped pattern of the Russian braid on your typical Leutnant shoulderboard. Instead of the Russian braid, there is a braid that looks more like the way that rope is twisted. Each strand is maybe 3mm wide, and made of some sort of silky looking white material. I couldn't see any evidence of pips or devices having been present. The backing is a pale gray, more sidewalk gray than feldgrau. Remnants of a RZM tag are present, with the printing on the tag in gray instead of the more typical black.

I've had trouble finding anything even vaguely similar to this to reference it to.

Something DRK perhaps?

--Chris

AHA! I knew being stuck home after having wisdom teeth pulled would have some small benefit. Answered my own question.

Apparently a SA-Sturmf?hrer from Gruppe Niederrhein.