News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Big day for a infantry unit?

Hi guys,

Here is one of my highlights from my small Royal Dublin Fusiliers collection:

2nd Battalion Presentation of Colours booklet from 1911.

Amazing shape - all the paper is without any folds, etc. Quality is just prefect. Cover page is printed on the "puble paper" and the crest is half stamped in - all just shows quality. Most likely presented only for a noble people who took part of that ceremony at this day.

Inisde pages are all good as well. All togthered just 6 sheets (12 pages) inside and the size is just slightly bigger then the normal post card but I must say - I am in love of that item (don't tell it to my wife or she will be jealous! :love: ). I do not think that there can be many of these around after 100 years + event what for that booklet was issued was hugh for a one battalion!

1993892130cbb5_o.jpg

19938923c4beda_l.jpg

1993892579cbee_l.jpg :hitler:

Noor - what a lovely item. I have a few to the Northumberlands, but nothing as early as this. I wonder if the Colours survive, as I believe on the disbandment of the Irish Regt's in the 1920's, their Colours were brought back to England and believe they may be at the RMC Sandhurst.