News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Montenegro 1942-43, military forces raised?

Hello,

when Montenegro was under Italian control various anti - partisan militias / armies were raised. Does anyone know if they were issued or wore any uniforms? any photos?

Feb 1942 -National army of Montenegro and Herzegovinia

Sept 1943 - National militia

Dec 1943 Montenegrin national troops (reformed)

Ranjit.

Hi Ranjit;

There where various anti-partisan militias wich had their own insignia, weapons and uniforms,I have some photos of some items, as soon as I dig them up, I shall post them!

Regards;

Chetnik

Here they are.These are insignias and unifrorms from Dalmatia annexed by the Musolinis Italy,same or wery similar as Montenegro anti-communist voloneers.Their Officaila namme vas:Milicia Volontaria Anti Comunista .Anti-communist volontary milita.

Edited by ЧЕТНИК

• 3 weeks later...

And one and only photo that I could find...This one is from region of Dalmatia as well.As previously stated MVAC in Montenegro-south of Dalmatia should be the same.Some historians claim that Chetniks where MVAC in all of Italian occupying zone. That is a contraversial issue.

In any case, you can find plenty of data on Chetniks on the net.