News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Domed Crosses

Is there any official thing we have that says Domed crosses were not awarded in WW1?

In WW2 they were officially not allowed, but is this the case for WW1?

I wonder this because a soldiers EK1, pinned on his chest by General XXX or whover must have had a certain value to the recipient, but often a group only has a domed cross in it.

Can we assume the man got rid of his issued flat cross somewhere along the way? I would imagine, even if they had bought a domed cross, they would have kept the other one as well.

I would really expect a company making things for private purchase to put their logo on, but all my 800 crosses are domed and have no company stamps at all... which is not great advertising.

Of course, it is possible that all domed ones are private purchase, but I would be very interested to see anything official about this.

Best

Chris