News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mounting brooch bar

Hallo gents, I could use your help :

I have a DFC attributed to a Belgian Pilote during WW2 but... at one time someone removed the mounting brooch bar, probably to allow the DFC to join his other decorations on his uniform...

I'd like to complete his ribbon by sewing a genuine mounting brooch bar.

But do not know if this bar is supposed to be silver or metal, with or without marks, correct size or shape....

Can someone help me buying a genuine mounting bar somewhere or at least answer these questions?

Looking forward to read you,

regards, Belgoman

Hallo Mike and thanks for your answer.

The link shows the DFC and gives interesting information but unfortunately does not show the reverse and the pin style bar you mention.

Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean with "pin style bar" exactly. I would really appreciate if you could show me one (that fits the DFC) or where I can see one.

Hope it is not to much trouble.

Thanks and best regards,

JP

good evening gentlemen, and once again thanks to QSAMIKE for his kind reaction.

Having no further answers to my question, I suppose I'll have to stay with my ribbon without the correct fitting.

regards, JP

Dear JP - I am sorry that you did not have more response. However, it is fairly unusual

to see a Gallantry medal not in a group.

The DSC ; the MC and the DFC were introduced in WW1 to give a wider range of awards.

The suspender Bar could vary - but, the top inner bar with pin, was - I think - the same for all of them.

I don't have a DFC at present - however, these pictures show the top pin for the MC. You

should be able to order one from Spinks - in London.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-6209-0-31336600-1333113082.jpgCLICK TO ENLARGE

Hallo Mervyn Mitton, thanks for your kind answer. I now know what I have to look for.

I'll see if Spinks can help me with one of these top inner bars...

Once again THANKS;

KIND REGARDS, jp