News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with DDR Luftstreitkräfte embroidered hat badge for General - ORIGINAL?

Good evening to everybody gentlemen,

I would need your help with this DDR General of the Airforce hat badge.

The question is simple..original or fake?

It comes from itself that unfortunately I do not own a copy of Klaus Walther's precious volumes "Uniformeffekten der bewaffneten organe der DDR" Band I or II.

I am actually planning to buy both volumes since some time, but the few copies available on amazon and ebay are so expensive..and every time I plan to save some money to buy them I run into some hat badges of undoubted originality which I finally buy..

So gentlemen, I need your help. Is this hat badge original or a post-Cold War copy?

I actually own the same hat badge but in the black cloth and silver cockade version, and the back of the black cloth shows the signs of the embroidery, while here we have just cloth..but besides this detal I cannot say that much..seems original to me, but maybe somebody with a reference book can tell me more.

Thank you very much.

Best,

GC