News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MOROCCAN NAVY BADGES

Sicherheitsdients - can't help with the badges - but couldn't you make contact with some of their Navy people ?

What I wanted to ask is - do Morocco have a big Navy ? Any major ships or, submarines ?

I hope your collection is still going strong. Mervyn

I want to say those badges are from the 1960s -1970s. They were wore on the left pocket, I believe. I have only seem photos of officers wearing them. It's been so long since I seem. If I find anymore information on them. I will let you know.

Give me a few days

Edited by Lion101

Sicherheitsdients - can't help with the badges - but couldn't you make contact with some of their Navy people ?

What I wanted to ask is - do Morocco have a big Navy ? Any major ships or, submarines ?

I hope your collection is still going strong. Mervyn

hi mervyn

i couldn,t contact nobody in moroccan navy,i search any website about it in google and i found nothing,i tried too a mail to the morocco embassy here in madrid and until this moment nothing too..... :shame: :shame:

about my collection is growing a few every month aprox,mainly i collect spanish cap tallies,have you seen any spare for me place you live...... :whistle:

take a look in my site below..... :cheeky:

http://l11-velasco.blogspot.com.es/

to you lion101:thanks for your response and i will wait more info about badges from you later as you stated...... :anmatcat:

hi mervyn

i couldn,t contact nobody in moroccan navy,i search any website about it in google and i found nothing,i tried too a mail to the morocco embassy here in madrid and until this moment nothing too..... :shame: :shame:

about my collection is growing a few every month aprox,mainly i collect spanish cap tallies,have you seen any spare for me place you live...... :whistle:

take a look in my site below..... :cheeky:

http://l11-velasco.blogspot.com.es/

to you lion101:thanks for your response and i will wait more info about badges from you later as you stated...... :anmatcat:

Ok, the second badge is worn by the personnel of the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie hanging from their right pocket of their everyday/ service and parade dress uniforms. It's just a basic badge worn by them. They still wear it today but yours could be from the 1980s - 2000s.

As you can see from the photo, the Gendarmerie members in it are the lowest rank there is and are still wearing the badge.

• 4 months later...

Sorry that I have not gotten back with you in a timely fashion but I found some more information on the badge. I would like to say that this badge much like the other was worn by most of the members of the navy. However, most of the photos that I have found with the badge being worn is either during parades or on their dress uniforms. I believe also this type of navy badge is no longer being used. Since, I have found recent photos of the RMN wearing a different version now.

Also, it's seem like the navy badges never had the leather style of hangers. So it should be just a pin back badge unlike the others. It was most likely worn by all ranks, as you can see from this photo. The naval officer in the background is wearing the same badge that the sailor is wearing in the foreground.