News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal (Police)

Gents

Please find attached an Army and Police medal collection from my time as a Royal Engineer (1991 - 2002) and Special Constabulary to date.

I collected and signed for the QDJM in May this year from my inspector as per home office instruction - no parade just sign for- which I thought was a bit off as this has been a great year Queens Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympics. However I was taken back by the amount of Jubilee medals on the auction site from many who were making a quick buck within hours of being presented when many who had missed out by the strict criteria of time served to qualify.

I will be "airing the medals" later this Month on the Police memorial parade with a few of my colleagues at HQ.

I hope you like the attached.

I then got to think what would be next regarding HM and thought she may stand down in the next few years and a coronation medal may be the next thing on the horizon but if she keeps well as her Mum that could be in the year 2027!

Regards

Steve

well there just had to be a TK/skull and cross bones in the divisional crest,ha,ha, well earnt mdals over a long period of time sir

Ha!

Apologies for going off topic but, since you mention it Phil, according to The Lord Lyon, this is the first official Scottish Arms in history to have the skull and bones included!

http://www.robinlums...com/page11.html

I can now go to my grave a happy man.

Edited by Robin Lumsden

Robin

Were you also able to promote yourself, say to a higher pay and pension grade? Now that would be useful! ;)

My wife recently received a service pin for 35 years with the Girl Guides here in Canada. It came in the mail! :angry: And they wonder why they have trouble keeping leaders!

Peter

Edited by peter monahan

I know a Police Inspector who had his Long Service and Good Conduct Medal (22 years in those days, not 20 as per now ) presented to him by a young clerkess!

He had been on leave at the time of the official ceremony, so they had just left the thing on his desk. The thoughtful clerkess put it in her desk for safekeeping and 'presented' it to him on his return from holiday.

Priceless.

He thought a lot more of the clerkess than he did of the HR Department, who 'organised' the presentations by the CC.